Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tim Tebow decides not to attend NFL draft

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow has decided not to attend the NFL draft in New York City, and instead will watch it at his home with family and friends in Jacksonville, Fla.

Tim Tebow decides not to attend NFL draft

Tebow

"It was exciting to think about walking up [on stage], shaking the commissioner's hand and holding up my jersey," Tebow told FoxSports.com. "That would have been the coolest thing. It made my decision that much harder.

"But I thought it was best to be home with my friends and family. It's not just an award for me being drafted. It's for all the people who invested in me during my life. I want to be able to celebrate with those people."

It is possible the former Heisman Trophy winner won't be taken Thursday, because the second round doesn't start until Friday.

Tebow helped Florida win two national championships in the Gators' run-heavy system, but his skills may not translate to some NFL teams' passing-centric offenses.

Tebow has worked on his mechanics before the draft and unveiled his new look at Florida's pro day last month. The biggest difference is that he has shortened his throwing motion to get rid of the ball quicker.



Messi has no Premier plansPittsburgh Steelers face fine for players’ bad behavior, source says