Friday, November 6, 2009

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant will enter NFL draft

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant said Thursday night that he will enter the 2010 NFL draft.

Big 12 blog

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant will enter NFL draft

ESPN.com's Tim Griffin writes about all things Big 12 in his conference blog.

•Blog network:
College Football Nation

"I feel this is the best decision for me," Bryant said. "It's what God wants me to do. I'm going to start my training Tuesday in Tampa."

Bryant was declared ineligible by Oklahoma State after misleading NCAA investigators about his relationship with Deion Sanders.

"This year didn't go the way I wanted it to," Bryant said. "It was so hard. And to be honest I had my head down at times. But the NCAA has made their decision. And I respect that. And now I've made mine."

Bryant said he hopes to live up to the NFL production of receivers such as Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin. He is projected as a first-round pick.

"When I talk to the NFL I'm going to be truthful with them about what happened," Bryant said. "It will be what I'm supposed to tell them, which is the truth."

Bryant said after being suspended for most of his junior season, he just wants to play again.

"I love the game," Bryant said. "I have a passion for the game. Football is what I do. And any NFL team that I play for is going to get great effort."



Oklahoma Sooners’ Sam Bradford plans to enter NFL draft after surgeryKone wants first-team football