Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hasselbeck back at practice, likely to start Sunday

RENTON, Wash. -- Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck returned to practice after sitting out a day and appears to be on track to start against the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

Hasselbeck back at practice, likely to start Sunday

NFL.com Video

A preview of the Week 12 matchup between the Redskins and the Seahawks.

"I thought it went OK today, it was a step," Hasselbeck said Thursday.

The three-time Pro Bowl quarterback missed Wednesday's practice, taking an extra day to recover from his first game back in six weeks -- a loss to the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

"I don't think I have ever had a game that I felt that bad afterwards," the 33-year-old Hasselbeck said. "It was a tough one."

Hasselbeck, who was out with a nerve problem in his right leg caused by a bulging disk in his back, was 17-of-29 for 170 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions Sunday - good enough for only a 47.3 quarterback rating.

"I think my body just quit," he said. "It had just had enough and that's disappointing, because as a player you feel like you just let everybody down."

Hasselbeck doesn't think the layoff was really a factor.

"Say I'd played for five weeks and I took that many shots to the head, I think I still would have felt a little bad," he said. "I don't know if you get used to it."




Seahawks’ Branch out; Hasselbeck should play
Mantovani Ecstatic Following First Serie A Goal
Monzón Hails ‘Change Of Spirit’