Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Joshua Moore signs with Chicago Bears

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears signed rookie cornerback Joshua Moore to a four-year contract on Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not immediately disclosed. ESPNChicago.com Bears blog

Joshua Moore signs with Chicago Bears

Get the latest Bears news from ESPN Chicago. Blog

Moore, a fifth-round selection (141st overall) out of Kansas State, becomes the second member of the Bears' 2010 draft class to come under contract. Seventh-round choice J'Marcus Webb also signed a four-year deal Sunday.

Named all-Big 12 honorable mention in 2009, Moore spent three seasons at Kansas State, finishing with six career interceptions and 34 passes defended. Moore's size (5-foot-11, 184 pounds) and athleticism attracted the Bears, who were looking to add another taller body at cornerback.

The rookie is expected to compete for the third cornerback spot along with Corey Graham, Tim Jennings, Woodny Turenne and D.J. Moore.

"I know a lot about these guys," Moore said earlier this month at rookie mini-camp. "My dad had been a Chicago Bears fan his whole life, so I've been watching the Bears. I'm familiar with their defense and their defensive backs.

"They are real strong on the defensive side. I just feel I can come in, and not just help on the defense if possible, but maybe contribute on special teams. I just want to come out here, work hard every day and let the coaches put me where they want to put me."

Chicago Bears’ defensive end Mark Anderson signs one-year tender offerDepor ace talks stall