Thursday, October 22, 2009

Patriots LB Adalius Thomas discusses his recent deactivation

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Linebacker Adalius Thomas, speaking publicly Wednesday for the first time since he was a healthy scratch in the Patriots' 59-0 win over the Titans, said he was surprised by the decision and has not spoken with coach Bill Belichick about the reason for his deactivation.

Asked if the decision fires him up, Thomas said, "I don't need something like this to fire me up. This isn't kindergarten. I don't play [those] games."

Patriots blog

Patriots LB Adalius Thomas discusses his recent deactivation

ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss covers the New England Patriots in his blog. You can send questions and comments to his mailbag.

•ESPNBoston.com

Thomas' answers were short and to the point. He appeared upset.

Thomas said he found out about the deactivation from linebackers coach Matt Patricia the morning of the game. He didn't want to relive the experience when asked to review how he found out.

"That's over with, last Sunday is done," he said. "Let's move on to Tampa. It's bigger than me. These guys had a great game. We're trying to overshadow it by what happened to one person. No one person is bigger than the game. No one person is bigger than the team. I don't want to make it seem like it's about me, because it's not about me.

"Bill makes the decision. It is what it is, whether you like it or not, and I live with it."

When asked if he was given a reason for the decision, Thomas said, "Ask Bill. He has all the answers."

Asked if he felt his situation with the team could go forward productively, Thomas said, "I come to work every day, be a professional, do my job, and do what I'm asked to do."

Asked if he was still happy in New England, Thomas said: "I'm fine."

Thomas seemed to respect that reporters were asking questions about his situation, but shortly into the interview, he asked to change the topic.

"It's bigger than me," he said. "We went out, we had a good game, we won as a team, it was a great performance, the best game so far. So we're moving on to Tampa."



Iniesta set for new dealJoey Galloway released by New England Patriots; team re-signs Tully Banta-Cain