Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jeff Jagodzinski talks about Boston College Eagles

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said Tuesday he has no regrets about the series of events that prompted his firing as Boston College's head football coach in January.

Jagodzinski was fired after he was warned by Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo that talking to the New York Jets, who had dismissed Eric Mangini, about their head coaching vacancy would lead to his termination.

Jagodzinski interviewed with the Jets on Jan. 6 and was fired by DeFilippo the following day, with three years remaining on his contract.

"I had an opportunity to talk to one of the 32 teams at the pinnacle of your profession," Jagodzinski said. "I didn't see anything wrong with that. But there was a difference of opinion."

Jagodzinski hired Jan. 29 by Tampa Bay as its new offensive coordinator, spent time with the local media Tuesday discussing his plans in that role under new head coach Raheem Morris. But he also was asked several times about his departure from BC.

"The two years that I spent at BC, it was a great, great experience," Jagodzinski said. "I had a chance to be with a bunch of great kids. I had a chance to coach in the ACC as a head coach. We won a lot of football games. It was a positive experience. That chapter of my life is closed and I'm moving on. I really believe that there's a plan for myself and for my family and that's the plan that I'm living out right now."

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jeff Jagodzinski talks about Boston College Eagles

NFL.com Video

Raheem Morris hired as Tampa Bay's new head coach.

Jagodzinski, 45, spent two years at BC and led the Eagles to two ACC championship games, losing both to Virginia Tech. The Eagles were 11-3 in Jagodzinski's first season and 9-5 last season, including a loss to Vanderbilt in the Music City Bowl.

Jagodzinski said he had no hard feelings toward anyone at BC.

"I don't live in regret," Jagodzinski said. "You regret a lot more things that you didn't do, rather than what you did do. I did what I thought was best for my family. That's what I did. I don't live in regret. I won't do that. If I didn't do it, I would always wonder, 'What if?' and I don't live that way."




Bucs hire Jagodzinski as offensive coordinator
Boluda Coy On Mijatovic’s Real Madrid Future
Juande Ramos Pleased Real Madrid Triumphed Without Arjen Robben