Friday, August 5, 2011

Sparano on Favre: We're not ruling anyone out

DAVIE, Fla. -- Brett Favre in a Miami Dolphins uniform? Mike and Mike in the Morning It seems unlikely, but Dolphins coach Tony Sparano isn't completely shooting down the notion either. Asked Thursday if he would "rule out any possibility of interest" in Favre, Sparano stammered a bit before saying that the team doesn't automatically dismiss any idea when scanning who's available. "I can't rule anything out.

OK? So, I mean, we don't rule anything out," Sparano said. "I don't know how you want me to answer that. That'll be all over the news now too, but I'm giving you the only answer I can give you." The 41-year-old Favre has insisted he's done playing football, but talk that he possibly could return continues to bubble. His agent, James "Bus" Cook, told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter: "Brett Favre's retired, that's all I can say. He's like Elvis now. People just won't let go." Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.